How To Write A History Essay And Get The Highest Score
The concept of history covers a huge variety of phenomena occurring in different eras and places. The basis for forming a history essay is specific data, together with the positions of other specialists in the selected area with regard to your topic. To create such an academic paper, the author must have a sufficient amount of materials about the events that will be disclosed.
The central stage in implementing the above is to conduct in-depth research, the reason for which is the past tense. The impossibility of being a direct witness to events flows into the need to trust paper sources written during the years of what is happening.
Before you start working on creating a paper, your task is to develop a clear statement of thoughts, which, among other things, requires a thorough knowledge of the language. In fact, narration can be considered synonymous with history, where the improvement of descriptions is mandatory.
Seeking help of professional essay writers? Trusted “write my paper” service- satisfaction guarantee!
Here you can buy essay, coursework or custom term papers.
A Pinch of Fascinating Subtleties of How to Write a History Essay
Pay attention to the recommendations below. They may come in handy as you write.
- Understanding the readers. This point is very important because its implementation can help switch to a tone that suits the audience’s needs and desires. There are several categories of readers, each with their unique traits. Among them, two key types can be distinguished: non-official and official platforms. Based on all that has been written, we can conclude that the first step in creating a historical essay is to familiarize ourselves with your readers’ tastes;
- Simple but high-quality language. We talked about this earlier. The best friend for expressing thoughts is the simplicity and ease of English. Using the latter automatically minimizes the possible number of grammatical and spelling mistakes. Also, you should not overuse your vocabulary because an abundance of complex and long terms can significantly reduce the audience’s level of interest;
- Persuasiveness. A knack for words is a very important component of the writing process of any academic paper. The distrust of readers while reading is directly proportional to getting a bad result. There is a huge range of guidelines that can help you learn persuasion:
- Using your senses – this is a direct route to engaging the audience in reading your history essay;
- Ethical aspect – if every argument is shrouded in ethics, readers will be doubly interested;
- Logical thinking – arguments should be the result of logical thought processes due to which the number of asked questions will significantly decrease or disappear altogether. You should be utterly confident in the clarity of the arguments, as otherwise, it will create confusion, causing a misreading;
- Try to make statements as strong as possible – the work should feature suitable and strong examples along with a bright illustration for each argument. Evidence plays a critical role in proving the existence of a specific incident;
- Don’t trust every source you come across – today, many students tend to use materials from the first site on Google without even checking the relevance of it. The latter is a great way to familiarize yourself with a topic quickly, but writing a history essay requires more serious materials. In this case, your sources can be scientific articles and journals, as well as books on history that can be found in any library. You should be responsible for this task as appropriate sources will increase the credibility of the presented material.
Format of How to Write a History Essay
Before starting work, you should think over all the subsequent steps, which will greatly facilitate the workflow. Even the most commonplace details directly depend on the format of your essay story. Below we have offered a few guidelines that will help you create great work in the specified genre.
- A great theme is the key to success – in fact, a theme is a very significant element that can influence events and even the final result. In some cases, the supervisor or professor may offer several options for topics from which you need to choose one. During the latter’s incarnation, you should be guided by the turning situations that appear in the selected period, since these moments can facilitate thoughts’ expression. An incredible theme is a great helper that will help you achieve great results;
- Concretization – history is an all-encompassing phenomenon that excludes the possibility of covering absolutely each detail during the chosen topic’s disclosure. First of all, your task is to consult with a professor who will help you understand the requirements for the work and clarify all the incomprehensible points. The next stage is a deep study of the topic of your history essay. Try not to use generalizations as this can hinder the achievement of your goals. Focus on the more specific events of the chosen period;
- Picking up materials – history essay belongs to those academic papers based on a variety of research. The necessary materials are scattered across different sources. In this case, you can refer to both primary and secondary resources. Nevertheless, the supremacy still belongs to the first category, since these sources contain the original data, while the latter plays the role of the background;
- Creation of a draft – after completing all the preparatory actions, you need to start writing a plan for the future history essay. This project contributes to the organization and combination of all points, making the work much easier. Thanks to this, readers will be able to navigate the text easily.
Clear Scheme of How to Write a History Essay
In this context, a history paper does not differ from other varieties of academic essays and consists of three key paragraphs, including an introductory part, main body, and concluding paragraph.
The introductory part – the formation of your text’s formation is the starting point of the entire workflow. Important theoretical materials need to appear here that can bring the audience up to date. The introductory part should combine such qualities as brevity and accuracy, correlating with the need to instill interest in readers, which directly depends on the initial impression.
The end of your introduction is a thesis statement presented in the form of a small phrase that, despite its size, is capable of providing information about everything that will be disclosed below.
Body paragraphs – this part is a kind of skeleton of your historical essay, while its top is a topic sentence whose role is to help present the idea to the audience. Remember the importance of testimony that was emphasized earlier. For this reason, all arguments have to be shrouded in concrete historical facts. In addition, you should not forget about the smooth organization of the paper, which is necessary for both the reader and the author. The strong aspects come into play first, while the confinement can be saturated with materials from recycled resources.
The concluding part – this element is the final stage of the essay. However, despite the location, the conclusions are directly related to the result. The final paragraph’s function is to psychologically prepare the audience to complete the story, which is embodied by the introduction of transitions. The last part is a kind of synthesis of the previous sections. In addition, you should focus on the restating thesis statement. A brief demonstration of the information presented earlier will allow the audience to be convinced that the goal you set is being achieved.
Of course, creating an outline and filling each of these points can be a very long process. However, a good result is definitely worth any investment, including time. Following the recommendations of people who are versed in the field of writing will allow you to have certain baggage that will help not only during the creation of one paper but also in the implementation of many other academic assignments.
A Pinch of Specific Examples of History Paper
There is a wide variety of events that can form the core of your future work. For this reason, you should do some research before starting work. Check out the ready-made texts that will give an idea of the structure and specifics and expand the range of knowledge about the event being described. You should be aware of the immutability of history for any place of origin and for any time frame.
Now we invite you to familiarize yourself with the list of topics that you can disclose in your work. Read, and perhaps some of them will suit your taste.
- Relations between the media and the US government during the Vietnam War;
- The specificity of the armies of the states of the ancient world;
- Informational globalization of society and the humanitarian revolution;
- Italian Renaissance humanism;
- French romanticism and the idea of culture;
- Leninist principles of communist propaganda;
- The transformation of Roman law;
- Sexual revolution;
- Key Counter-Terrorism Measures in the United States after September 11, 2001;
- Features of the life of intellectuals in the Middle Ages;
- Antony and Cleopatra (Rome and Egypt: Meeting of Civilizations).
Familiarization with each of the above options will be useful for both student and everyday life. You should study these phenomena as well as research the indirect events of the stories as these may all figure in future assignments. A variety of books, academic articles, online websites, scientific journals, statistics, reports, and more can be trusted sources of information you need. In addition to an in-depth analysis of the features of a particular historical event, you can also improve your language skills and, accordingly, write an excellent history essay. Do not forget that an excellent result may require training, as a result of which you will improve and forever say goodbye to any kind of mistake.